- If you want to benchmark your computer for Matlab speed simply run "bench" in matlab
- By default Matlab only allocates about 117 MB memory space for the Java Virtual Machine. If you would like to increase this limit (which you should) please follow the instructions here. See also the general memory instructions here.
- You can switch off adaptive sample selection if you do not specify a <SampleSelector> tag. See Adaptive Modeling Mode.
- Remember that the Measure (and error function you use) strongly influence the quality and fit of the surrogate model. If you are unhappy with the final model, try a different Measure and/or error function.
- The Matlab Neural Network Toolbox is very slow! Try to avoid using cross-validation, but use a validation set instead (see the FAQ entry).